SLPC is not accepting applications for interns at this time. We do not anticipate having intern positions available during the 2017/2018 school year, however we will update this webpage if that changes.
Please see information about volunteer positions as an adult advisor if you’re interested.
Internships are available on a limited basis. At this time Salt Lake Peer Court is not able to supervise social work internships.
Supervisors: Program Director and Program Coordinator
Description: Interns learn how Salt Lake Peer Court’s restorative justice model works by assisting the program with case management, volunteer coordination, and administrative support. An intern participates as an advisor– among other duties.
Time Period: Will discuss
Hours: Minimum of 5 hours per week (3 hours as an advisor; 2 hours in Peer Court office)
- Current college student (juniors and seniors preferred)
- Strong written or verbal communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to confidentiality, honesty, and ethics
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, to work with diverse groups of people, and to collaborate with other community organizations
- Multicultural sensitivity and sensitivity to needs of clients, clients’ families, visitors, co-workers, volunteers, and other persons with whom you may interact
- Commitment to mission and philosophy of Salt Lake Peer Court
- Spanish fluency a plus