Letter of Recommendation
Dear Youth Applicant,
A letter of recommendation is required to complete all 1st year volunteer applications. Your letters is due by May 8th at 11:59pm- Please give your letter writer plenty of notice to complete and submit the recommendation.
Please provide a link for this website to the person you’ve asked to write a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
Remember- the recommendation needs to be completed by a non-relative adult who can speak to your eligibility as a volunteer. Examples of good letter writer candidates are: teachers, counselors, coaches, church leaders, etc. It cannot be completed by a peer nor by a relative.
Dear Letter Writer,
You have been asked to provide a letter of recommendation for a 2018/2019 Salt Lake Peer Court youth volunteer applicant. Please take some time to explore the program’s website for more information on what SLPC is all about and what qualifications we look for in a youth volunteer.
Please provide your honest account of the applicant’s eligibility as a youth volunteer. Letters of recommendation are not shared with applicants.
Please provide the following information in your letter:
- The applicant’s name
- The capacity in which you know the applicant
- How long you’ve known the applicant
- Your assessment of the applicant’s maturity level (as compared to other youth their age)
- Your assessment of the applicant’s ability to work as part of a team
- Your assessment of the applicant’s ability to act as a role model and mentor for their peers
- Any other information you deem relevant
Please include your name and phone number so we can contact you if needed. Letters can be emailed to Jenny Sanchez, Program Director, at email@example.com. The deadline for letters is 11:59pm on May 8th. Please contact Jenny via email or call the SLPC office at 801-322-1815 if you have any questions.