Keep checking back for more information and links to events!
Scheduled Events for the Week of Action (and the week after!)
- POSTPONED: Hoping to hold screening in November!
October 18, 2016: Growing Fairness Film Screening & Discussion
- October 20, 2016: School-to-prison Pipeline Panel Discussion
S.J. Quinney College of Law (383 University St. E, SLC, UT 84112) // 12:00 – 1:00pm MST // FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
- October 20, 2016: Live stream national event out of Pittsburgh, PA- Coordinated by Dignity in Schools
Live stream info will be updated as event date approaches // 5:00 – 8:00pm EST // FREE & ONLINE
- October 20, 2016: KRCL 90.9 RadioActive broadcast
Radio discussion with community members and activists involved in school pushout prevention work // 6:00pm MST // FREE & ON THE RADIO
- October 21, 2016: Disciplined Too Young and Too Often: Understanding the School-to-prison Pipeline
Salt Lake Community College (1575 State St, SLC, UT 84115) // 12:00 – 1:00pm // FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
- October 26, 2016: “Lift Us Up, Don’t Push Us Out SLC”
Law and Justice Center (645 S 200 E, SLC, UT 84111) // 6:00 – 8:00pm MST // FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Call for Art!
- “Lift Us Up, Don’t Push Us Out SLC” on October 26th will include an art showcase for youth artists. Submit your visual, written and/or spoken word piece by 10/21/16.
More info: WoA Call for Art